Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sierra Leone

Last Monday, we had guest speaker who had been to Sierra Leone. Sierra Leone is the country that is background of the book “A Long Way Gone.” It was interesting that there is someone who went the country because I had never heard the name of the country before reading this book. I heard interesting stories from him. Especially, the most interesting story for me was the way they went to the country. I had known that the less people want to go somewhere, the less ways there are. He had had so much time to go there and difficulties. I think the difficulties he had are similar to that of Ishmael when he had came to New York to participate in the conference.

1 comment:

  1. Nice comparison of Ishmael's journey to Fred's! I had not made that connection. How does this compare to your journey coming to the U.S.? Was there any confusion or interesting thing that happened that you could write about?

    ReplyDelete