Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grading continuum

In writing, I have problems to express what I want to write exactly. However, I think the organization of sentences and paragraph is not bad. Because it is not related to the fact that English is the second language for me. In Korean essay, the organization is applied as same way. In addition, I practiced writing for TOEFL exam. It was helpful to write essay. I can maintain my theme consistently through my essay. My problems are several things below.
Because vocabularies and capacity to express my thoughts that are used in writing are insufficient, there are some misconceptions in essay. Therefore the readers have difficulties to understand what I am talking about.
Also, I cannot use honeyed words like American. My simple sentences and essay result from my simple words and expression. It leads the shortage of the essay’s quantity. It is very difficult to increase the quantity of essay.
In researching, it takes much more time to research because of the language. It takes about twice more time than American. So I cannot help being limited by the time.

1 comment:

  1. A thoughtful analysis. I am not so concerned about simple words and expressions as long as your ideas come through clearly. So far, your language skills look very good.

    ReplyDelete