As an international student, I do not expect to be improved as much as other American students. However, I think there will be many things that can improve my English skills including writing in English 101 class.
My goals in this class are an improving my skill of composing sentences and grammar. In addition, I want to get more words. There are no objections about that it is very important to gain many words for international students. I am slow at writing because I have to translate sentences that I want to talk and compose those in my head. By writing as much as possible I want to improve writing speed too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can relate to your goals. I took German classes this past summer and was sometimes frustrated with how long it took me to write something in English and then translate it to German. A German/English dictionary is some help, but there are so many different meanings of words in both German and English that I often chose the wrong German word. I also often put my German words in the wrong order.
ReplyDeleteMy German instructor and my German tutor helped me choose words more appropriately, but I still have much to learn about German.