Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ishmael Beah Presentation

At the lecture, it was interesting for me. Actually it was hard to understand perfectly what he was talking about. So I might missed detail contents or important things that he wanted to let us know. However, I felt many things from his speech.
When he was young, he participated in war. He killed people and had drugs to do that. I think most people cannot have such experiences nowadays. I can feel his fear that he felt in the war a little. Because my country has been under suspension of fire for fifty years, young men in my country have to go to the army for two years. I finished the obligation. So I know the fear when I have a gun and shoot something. Even though I was not in the war it was so fear. I surprised at his age in the war. He must have been under so much stress at that time.
I think anyone who did not see the enemy who were ready to kill me cannot know the fear.

1 comment:

  1. Your experiences will add a new understanding to our discussions.

    ReplyDelete